Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RICKSHAW31018 RICKSHAW31018 is offline

Default capital "I"

Using Word 2002 on Office XP Professional. Capital "i" types as solid
vertical bar; I would like to have it look like the capital "i" s on this
page; i.e. the Roman capital "i" with bars when I capitalize "i" within Word?
--
GHS
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That depends on the font you're using. You need to change from a sans serif
to a serif font.

http://word.mvps.org

"RICKSHAW31018" wrote in message
Using Word 2002 on Office XP Professional. Capital "i" types as solid
vertical bar; I would like to have it look like the capital "i" s on this
page; i.e. the Roman capital "i" with bars when I capitalize "i" within
Word?
--
GHS

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

If I understand your query it's a matter of what FONT you use... What you
describe as a "solid vertical bar" is typical of a sans serif font [such as
Arial, Calibri, Lucida Sans, etc.] whereas the capital I in a serif font
[such as Times New Roman, Cambria, Palatino, etc.] will have the "wings" or
crossbars top & bottom. The style of serif characters will vary based on the
overall design of the font. IOW, select the text & change the font :-)

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/21/09 1:12 PM, in article