Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default .wbk question

No - they always go in the document folder. If you want a true backup rather
than a backup of the last previously saved version - see the macro at
http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm which will allow you to save
the backups wherever you want them. Alternatively you could simply use
Windows Explorer to delete them or archive them after a suitable period.

Bob Day wrote:
Is there a way to put all the .wbk files in a specific folder instead
of the same folder as the original? I know I can turn it off and on,
but I like it on, I just don't like it cluttering up folders I use
regularly.
Thanks for your help.

Bob Day