Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
boyforpele

Default How do I change default auto correct settings for numbering?

I like the convenience of autonumbering, but for some reason, the default
style has the numbers indented 0.5 and then further indenting on the tab and
text begin. I change it each and every time to 0, 0.3, and 0.3, but I am
really hoping there is a way to change the default style. Can't find the
answer anywhere. Thanks so much!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Apply the List Number style: Hold the Shift key and press the arrow
next to the Style box on the Formatting toolbar, and scroll down to
find the style name. (Once you've used it, you don't need to hold
Shift when applying it again.) By default, this style has no left
indent.

Note that using styles to apply numbering is the only way to ensure
that it has a consistent look. However, you can modify the numbering,
fonts, and so on. To do this, start at the Modify Style dialog box
(see http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html); for
example, to change numbering options, you would click
FormatNumbering.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"boyforpele" wrote in message
I like the convenience of autonumbering, but for some reason, the

default
style has the numbers indented 0.5 and then further indenting on the

tab and
text begin. I change it each and every time to 0, 0.3, and 0.3, but

I am
really hoping there is a way to change the default style. Can't

find the
answer anywhere. Thanks so much!

how do i change back the cursor keys to default settings? nirdla2707 Microsoft Word Help 0 November 2nd 05 07:05 AM
auto correct? ginny1956 New Users 5 July 28th 05 04:24 PM
Auto text as tracked change John Gregory Microsoft Word Help 1 June 8th 05 12:36 AM
How do I back up my Auto Correct settings? Soozan Microsoft Word Help 1 May 24th 05 12:23 AM
Many of my Auto Correct and Auto Text entries are gone. I did not. Typalot Microsoft Word Help 2 March 23rd 05 09:38 PM