Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
martha

Default automatic formatting in my word document changes

Everytime I press enter in a word document the formatting changes to Heading
1. I have tried un-ticking the all the automatic update boxes and have tried
most everything when you press F1 in Word...Please help! I am sick of
changing the formatting everytime I type a new line

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
martha

I have already done this and I have also asked word to ask before auto
updating anything the changes are still occurring.
thanks!

--
Suzanne S. I Barnhill

"martha" wrote in message
Everytime I press enter in a word document the formatting changes to

Heading
1. I have tried un-ticking the all the automatic update boxes and have

tried
most everything when you press F1 in Word...Please help! I am sick of
changing the formatting everytime I type a new line

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What style are you using when you press Enter? What is the "Style for
following paragraph" defined for that style?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Probably "Define styles based on your formatting." See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TameAutoFormat.htm

--
Suzanne S. I Barnhill

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"martha" wrote in message
Everytime I press enter in a word document the formatting changes to

Heading
1. I have tried un-ticking the all the automatic update boxes and

have
tried
most everything when you press F1 in Word...Please help! I am sick of
changing the formatting everytime I type a new line

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
martha

my paragraph style is 'Normal' and the style for the next paragraph is Style
1 and changing that to Normal does not help the fact that everytime I press
enter it reverts to "Heading 1" I tried changing Heading 1 to be identical
to Normal and Word will not accept that change-it continues Heading 1 as
Arial, Bold 16 Pt.