Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Clausewitz2

Default Activation problems

I've been trying to activate a version of Microsoft Office Word 2003 on my
laptop, but, sadly, I am no longer in the country I bought it or the laptop
in, which makes calling technical support for help rather difficult. The
problem is this: I forgot to activate Word before leaving the United States,
and also forgot to bring the activation key along with me. Upon arriving
here, I attempted to use the product activation key the network I'm on has
used for Word, but we have apparently exceeded our limit on number of
permissible instances of activation, and now I face the prospect of my Word
being locked in 40 or so tries. I now actually have the product key that came
with Word - how can I change the product activation code to the new,
legitimate one instead of the old, overused one? Is this possible at all
without a reinstall (which will prevent me from actually using Word, as I
don't have the discs with me in this country)?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

You'll have to talk nicely to Microsoft
How to obtain a new product key - see
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823570

Clausewitz2 wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Clausewitz2

I have a perfectly good product key already - that's not the problem. The
problem is simply finding a way to use that product key to activate word
given that I've already entered one that has been overused.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

OK - see instead http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=293191 -Activate a
non-subscription Office product might be what you need.

Clausewitz2 wrote:
I have a perfectly good product key already - that's not the problem.
The problem is simply finding a way to use that product key to
activate word given that I've already entered one that has been
overused.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Clausewitz2

Not helping, I'm afraid. What I really need is a way to trigger a prompt for
entering the product activation key (this time, the correct one) again. At
present, the Activation Wizard will only let me attempt to activate the
product using the erroneous key, which, as stated, doesn't work. Is there any
way to get the Activation Wizard to reset back to square one, and let me
enter in a new key?

Clausewitz2 wrote:
I have a perfectly good product key already - that's not the problem.
The problem is simply finding a way to use that product key to
activate word given that I've already entered one that has been
overused.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/895456/en-us "How to change
the product key for Office 2003 and for Office XP".