Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jimmer jimmer is offline

Default Set Default Review Mode in Word 2007

Hello, I am running Office 2007 on Windows XP. In Word I would like to set
the default Display for Review to 'Final' instead of 'Final showing Markup".
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas Aeneas is offline

You are running a great risk of inadvertently sending out a document with
markup to someone who you don't want to see the markup. The default setting
is there to protect you from an embarrassing mistake. There is a
document-specific setting in the Trust Center (Office Button, Word Options,
Trust Center, Trust Center Settings, Privacy Options, Make hidden markup
visible when opening or saving check box), which I have found to be somewhat
erratic. To do what you want globally, you'll need to create an AutoOpen
macro.

If you are handling legal documents, documents shared with customers or
suppliers, etc., I would never, ever do the following, which will cause the
Display for Review to be final whatever document you open; this macro must be
named AutoOpen and should be saved in the Normal template (Normal.dotm).

Sub Autoopen()
'
' Shows revisions as final and shows no revision or comments
' This affects all documents opened whether they have tracked changes or not
' Doing the following is strongly discouraged and may lead to embarrassing
' and expensive mistakes

With ActiveWindow.View
.ShowRevisionsAndComments = False ' include this line or view won't
'change!
.RevisionsView = wdRevisionsViewFinal
End With
End Sub