Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
David Crisp David Crisp is offline

Default Word 2007

All,

Stupid issue really - When I first open WORD2007, my typing page has what
looks like grid lines, or graph paper all over it........it even prints that
way....!

Question is really, how can I get it to start up with the traditional
'blank' page.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

In Word 2003 and earlier, you would display the Drawing toolbar, choose Draw
| Grid and clear the check box for "Display gridlines on screen." From the
Word 2007 Command Reference, your best bet looks like Drawing Tools | Format
| Arrange | Align | Grid Settings or perhaps Page Layout | Arrange | Align |
Grid Settings.

"David Crisp" wrote in message
All,

Stupid issue really - When I first open WORD2007, my typing page has what
looks like grid lines, or graph paper all over it........it even prints

that
way....!

Question is really, how can I get it to start up with the traditional
'blank' page.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

....or in the View ribbon tab, click the Gridlines checkbox (in the Show/Hide
section of the ribbon).

Although... if your gridlines are also being printed, then it sound like
something else might be going on as well. The gridlines are guides, and are
not supposed to be printed.

It might be that you actually have some kind of background wallpaper or
pattern that's being used for your documents, and which has been set as your
default.

If turning off gridlines doesn't do the trick, try this:

In the Page Layout ribbon, Page Background section, click Page Color and set
it to No Color.

If this fixes it for you, and you're still getting gridlines when creating a
new document, then you'll need to edit Normal.dotm and turn the Page Color
setting off there.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
In Word 2003 and earlier, you would display the Drawing toolbar, choose
Draw
| Grid and clear the check box for "Display gridlines on screen." From the
Word 2007 Command Reference, your best bet looks like Drawing Tools |
Format
| Arrange | Align | Grid Settings or perhaps Page Layout | Arrange | Align

Grid Settings.

so
all may benefit.

"David Crisp" wrote in message
All,

Stupid issue really - When I first open WORD2007, my typing page has what
looks like grid lines, or graph paper all over it........it even prints

that
way....!

Question is really, how can I get it to start up with the traditional
'blank' page.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
David Crisp David Crisp is offline

Than you and also thanks to Suzanne.

Most helpful and all working a treat now.