Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
WAM WAM is offline

Default Delete all the automatics

I already undid autoformat
I'd like to kill the auto tab and auto numbering stuff. And anything else
it does without my permission.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Use Notepad.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"WAM" wrote in message
I already undid autoformat
I'd like to kill the auto tab and auto numbering stuff. And anything else
it does without my permission.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TameAutoFormat.htm. Note that *all*
the "auto stuff" would include AutoCorrect and AutoText, both of which are
very useful, but these also can be disabled on various tabs of the Tools |
AutoCorrect Options dialog.

"WAM" wrote in message
I already undid autoformat
I'd like to kill the auto tab and auto numbering stuff. And anything else
it does without my permission.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CS Hayes CS Hayes is offline

or a step up could be "Word Pad" You could format text.... dum de dum dum
--
Chris Hayes
Still a beginner

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Use Notepad.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"WAM" wrote in message
I already undid autoformat
I'd like to kill the auto tab and auto numbering stuff. And anything else
it does without my permission.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I took the "all" part seriously. ;-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"CS Hayes" hayes.cs(remove wrote in message
or a step up could be "Word Pad" You could format text.... dum de dum dum
--
Chris Hayes
Still a beginner

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Use Notepad.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"WAM" wrote in message
I already undid autoformat
I'd like to kill the auto tab and auto numbering stuff. And anything
else
it does without my permission.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anne Troy[_2_] Anne Troy[_2_] is offline

You could do it MY way.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/r...oft_wor d.htm
****************************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
****************************
"WAM" wrote in message
I already undid autoformat
I'd like to kill the auto tab and auto numbering stuff. And anything else
it does without my permission.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
WAM WAM is offline

Thanks to all who replied.

I did in fact mean "all". I have no need for word processing...a simple
electronic typewriter will do. I spend more time figuring out how to
"uncorrect" the automatics than actual writing. I found more auto
corrections to turn off. And I turned off each box regardless of merit. But
I've also had trouble with it changing tab settings on me...again, trying to
help.

I wish there were a dumb-down button. I don't know anything about Note Pad
or Word Pad. But if practical, I'd rather stay in Word itself as I
occasional require it to read incoming.

-- Bill