Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Susan Moore Susan Moore is offline

Default ugly blue zigzag under my text?

I have tried to turn off styles every way I can find. There is still an ugly
blue zigzag under my text in Word. How do I get rid of that? It is making
the text hard to read and proof. I am an expert typist and word processor
and find these tools to be a nuisance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See the Help topics "What do the underlines in my document mean?" and "Show
or hide wavy underlines." This one might be addressed by clearing the check
for "Mark formatting inconsistencies" on the Edit tab of Tools | Options.

http://word.mvps.org

"Susan Moore" Susan wrote in message
I have tried to turn off styles every way I can find. There is still an
ugly
blue zigzag under my text in Word. How do I get rid of that? It is
making
the text hard to read and proof. I am an expert typist and word processor
and find these tools to be a nuisance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The blue squiggles could be

Contextual spell checking. It finds the improper use of words that are
correctly spelled, such as" there" for "their". Turn off he Word options
proofing When correcting grammar and spelling in Word section. Clear the

checkbox for Use contextual spelling.

or

Mark formatting inconsistencies. It marks formatting deviations from the
style. Turn off he Word options Advanced Editing options.Clear the
checkbox before Mark formatting inconsistencies.

PamC