Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ashley ashley is offline

Default HELP!!! LOCK TEXT

I am trying to format a letter for my team @ work, and only want to allow
certain parts of the document to be edited, and the rest left alone so that
everything excpet specific patient information is the same across the board.
I cant figure out how to allow only certain areas of the document to be
edited. I need to be able to just tab over to the specific grayed out areas
and be able to edit only those areas of the letter/document, and leave
everything else the way it is.
Please help!!!!
--
ashley
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

You need to create a form. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/index.htm
and

'Please Fill Out this Form,' parts 1 to 5 here
http://www.mousetrax.com/techpage.html#autoforms

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"ashley" wrote in message
I am trying to format a letter for my team @ work, and only want to allow
certain parts of the document to be edited, and the rest left alone so
that
everything excpet specific patient information is the same across the
board.
I cant figure out how to allow only certain areas of the document to be
edited. I need to be able to just tab over to the specific grayed out
areas
and be able to edit only those areas of the letter/document, and leave
everything else the way it is.
Please help!!!!
--
ashley

I want to lock the text hula Microsoft Word Help 1 March 16th 09 02:41 PM
Lock Text Hot Male Microsoft Word Help 1 April 11th 08 10:20 AM
how to lock some text? hotIce Microsoft Word Help 0 November 28th 07 04:22 AM
How do I lock text boxes to limit the amount of text within the bo Clarence Tables 2 May 8th 06 01:42 PM
Lock text box Mannaz Microsoft Word Help 0 January 8th 05 10:35 PM