Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
BigBuck98

Default Mail merge to a printed document

I am using Office 97 and I would like to do a mail merge from excel into a
preprinted word document. I have a document that was created in Word and
then printed at a copy center. It has 8 blank spaces where I need to merge
numbers and text from an Excel file into. How can I do this?
Thanks,
Gordon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sheila D

Go to Tools, Mail Merge and follow the steps to link to your Excel document.
Then position the fields as required by measuring on the paper and using the
ruler in Word. You can use a Table or text boxes to position the fields and
will have to make sure that each is positioned exactly where it is to appear
on the printed paper. Bit of trial and error to get it right! HTH

Sheila

"BigBuck98" wrote:

I am using Office 97 and I would like to do a mail merge from excel into a
preprinted word document. I have a document that was created in Word and
then printed at a copy center. It has 8 blank spaces where I need to merge
numbers and text from an Excel file into. How can I do this?
Thanks,
Gordon

Mail Merge document and Date field niv Mailmerge 3 November 22nd 05 08:50 PM
Mail Merge snafoo LMB New Users 6 November 12th 05 03:43 AM
Add checkboxes with macro in Merge document? Bryan L Tables 3 October 19th 05 04:05 PM
Header missing from mail merge document Nan Hauser Mailmerge 4 June 28th 05 04:50 PM
Mail Merge Issue With Office 97 - Excel Data Source Matt Thorley Mailmerge 1 February 15th 05 11:38 PM