Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carrie

Default Typing consistently types wrong letters!

Sometimes when I begin or when I'm in the middle of a document in Word the
keys I type are not the ones I want to type. Example: v is now y or x is ,
Everytime I want to push x, I get a ,. I have to close Word and then open it
again and then it usually types correctly again.

Also,

This just started happening, the font that I am using will not show on my
template, but will print the correct font, how can I get it to show the right
font (when it says it is the true font) when I am creating the document?

This is Word 2002

Thanks for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Carrie,

Sometimes when I begin or when I'm in the middle of a document in Word the
keys I type are not the ones I want to type. Example: v is now y or x is ,
Everytime I want to push x, I get a ,. I have to close Word and then open it
again and then it usually types correctly again.

It sounds as if your keyboard may be changing. First, check Tools/Options/Edit
and make sure the automatic keyboard recognition isn't activated.

Then you should go to the TIPS section of my website and read the article on
language formatting in Word. For your problem, you should look at the section
that discusses language settings in the Control Panel/Regional Settings and
language. See if you have multiple keyboard layouts installed for your
language(s). REMOVE the ones you don't want to use. (For example, if you've
installed the French proofing tools, a French keyboard was probably added. But
you want to continue use you English (??) keyboard layout. You need to make
sure that keyboard is added to the French language, and then remove the French
keyboard.)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org