Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
crob crob is offline

Default Word 2007 won't save

Suddenly when I try to save, word just says "Microsoft word has stopped
working." Then it closes. When I try to open it, it has been rescued. But I
cannot save it to my computer. My computer runs on Vista.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm.

crob wrote:
Suddenly when I try to save, word just says "Microsoft word has
stopped working." Then it closes. When I try to open it, it has been
rescued. But I cannot save it to my computer. My computer runs on
Vista.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
crob crob is offline

Thank you, but it still won't save! I'm in a panic. The save as box seems
to have added some new tabs with random letters on it. What can I do?

crob wrote:
Suddenly when I try to save, word just says "Microsoft word has
stopped working." Then it closes. When I try to open it, it has been
rescued. But I cannot save it to my computer. My computer runs on
Vista.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

New tabs? Random letters? Do you have some sort of add-in that may be not
working correctly? The next step would be to repair the installation,
preferably from the original office installation disc.