mkenne04

Default Unable to use accept all changes feature

I am using MS Word 2003 with a document that has tracked changes and markup
on it. The changes have been made by numerous people, however when I try to
accept all changes, nothing happens. I still see the markup and changes and
such. Is there something that I can do to get the changes accepted?

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?bWtlbm5lMDQ=?=,

I am using MS Word 2003 with a document that has tracked changes and markup
on it. The changes have been made by numerous people, however when I try to
accept all changes, nothing happens. I still see the markup and changes and
such. Is there something that I can do to get the changes accepted?

Try turning Track Changes OFF, first, and see if that helps.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

mkenne04

I have the Track Changes turned off, and it still shows the markup and accept
all changes is not doing anything.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?bWtlbm5lMDQ=?=,

I am using MS Word 2003 with a document that has tracked changes and markup
on it. The changes have been made by numerous people, however when I try to
accept all changes, nothing happens. I still see the markup and changes and
such. Is there something that I can do to get the changes accepted?

Try turning Track Changes OFF, first, and see if that helps.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?bWtlbm5lMDQ=?=,

I have the Track Changes turned off, and it still shows the markup and accept
all changes is not doing anything.

And if you click in a change, right-click, and choose to accept or reject the
individual change, does that work? Note that if a change area contains both
insertions and deletions that you may need to "hit it" twice.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

What happens if you use the Next or Previous button on the Reviewing
toolbar? My hunch is that it will tell you that "The document contains no
comments or tracked changes" because the markup has been created as direct
formatting either by the user manually or by a markup add-in such as
DeltaView.

"mkenne04" wrote in message
I have the Track Changes turned off, and it still shows the markup and

accept
all changes is not doing anything.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?bWtlbm5lMDQ=?=,

I am using MS Word 2003 with a document that has tracked changes and

markup
on it. The changes have been made by numerous people, however when I

try to
accept all changes, nothing happens. I still see the markup and

changes and
such. Is there something that I can do to get the changes accepted?

Try turning Track Changes OFF, first, and see if that helps.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

or

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kathleen Kathleen is offline

Hi Suzanne,

I think I'm having the same problem and that your hunch may be the reason.
Is almost as if they used strike through text with double underline.
Is there any work around for it?

"mkenne04" wrote in message
I have the Track Changes turned off, and it still shows the markup and

accept
all changes is not doing anything.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?bWtlbm5lMDQ=?=,

I am using MS Word 2003 with a document that has tracked changes and

markup
on it. The changes have been made by numerous people, however when I

try to
accept all changes, nothing happens. I still see the markup and

changes and
such. Is there something that I can do to get the changes accepted?

Try turning Track Changes OFF, first, and see if that helps.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

or

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Probably not. I think you'll just have to correct each instance manually.
Bummer!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What happens if you use the Next or Previous button on the Reviewing
toolbar? My hunch is that it will tell you that "The document contains no
comments or tracked changes" because the markup has been created as
direct
formatting either by the user manually or by a markup add-in such as
DeltaView.

so
all may benefit.

"mkenne04" wrote in message
I have the Track Changes turned off, and it still shows the markup and

accept
all changes is not doing anything.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?bWtlbm5lMDQ=?=,

I am using MS Word 2003 with a document that has tracked changes
and

markup
on it. The changes have been made by numerous people, however when

try to
accept all changes, nothing happens. I still see the markup and

changes and
such. Is there something that I can do to get the changes accepted?

Try turning Track Changes OFF, first, and see if that helps.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow
question

or

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Use Find/Replace: Find More Format Font Strikethrough; Replace
with nothing at all.

Find More Format Font Double underline ,color; Replace with
Not Double underline (set the Underline dropdown to None), color Auto.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What happens if you use the Next or Previous button on the Reviewing
toolbar? My hunch is that it will tell you that "The document contains no
comments or tracked changes" because the markup has been created as
direct
formatting either by the user manually or by a markup add-in such as
DeltaView.

Word MVP FAQ site:http://word.mvps.org
so
all may benefit.

"mkenne04" wrote in message
I have the Track Changes turned off, and it still shows the markup and
accept
all changes is not doing anything.

Hi ?B?bWtlbm5lMDQ=?=,

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister(last update Jun 8 2004)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow
question
or

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

But that will not address the issue of deleting the struckthrough text,
though you could do this by setting "Find what" to ^?, formatted as
Strikethrough, and leaving "Replace with" blank.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What happens if you use the Next or Previous button on the Reviewing
toolbar? My hunch is that it will tell you that "The document contains
no
comments or tracked changes" because the markup has been created as
direct
formatting either by the user manually or by a markup add-in such as
DeltaView.

Word MVP FAQ site:http://word.mvps.org
newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"mkenne04" wrote in message
I have the Track Changes turned off, and it still shows the markup
and
accept
all changes is not doing anything.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?bWtlbm5lMDQ=?=,

I am using MS Word 2003 with a document that has tracked changes
and
markup
on it. The changes have been made by numerous people, however
when
try to
accept all changes, nothing happens. I still see the markup and
changes and
such. Is there something that I can do to get the changes
accepted?

Try turning Track Changes OFF, first, and see if that helps.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister(last update Jun 8 2004)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow
question
or

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think I've deleted text by finding a format and replacing with
nothing!

"mkenne04" wrote in message
I have the Track Changes turned off, and it still shows the markup
and
accept
all changes is not doing anything.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?bWtlbm5lMDQ=?=,

I am using MS Word 2003 with a document that has tracked changes
and
markup
on it. The changes have been made by numerous people, however
when
try to
accept all changes, nothing happens. I still see the markup and
changes and
such. Is there something that I can do to get the changes
accepted?

Try turning Track Changes OFF, first, and see if that helps.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister(lastupdate Jun 8 2004)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow
question
or

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Possibly so; you're probably right.

"mkenne04" wrote in message
I have the Track Changes turned off, and it still shows the
markup
and
accept
all changes is not doing anything.