Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ShivN ShivN is offline

Default Auto Correct transfer forn Word 2003 to Word 2007

Hi,

I am a computer zero who does a lot of content development work. My clients'
have started using Word 2007. I have spent a couple of years setting my Word
2003 Auto Correct options to compensate for my less than pefect typing
skills. I want to upgrade to Word 2007 and checked online for ways to
transfer all my Auto Coorect inputs from Word 2003 to Word 2007. Everything I
found involves things I either do not understand or am scared of doing in the
fear I may screw up everything by transfering files or changing file names.
Is there a safe and simple way for a dummy like me to do this?

My gratitude for a solution for retards like me will be unbounded!

Thanks in advance,

Shiv
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Guruveer Guruveer is offline

Hi Shiv,

AutoText and formatted AutoCorrect entries will be in Normal.dot. For the
unformatted AutoCorrect entries, use the macro at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customiza...Autocorrect.htm to export the
AutoCorrect entries.

Then use the AutoCorrect.dotm template (in Autocorrect2007.zip) from
http://jay-freedman.info to load that document into Word 2007
--
GuRuVeEr

http://guruveer.blog.com

"ShivN" wrote:

Hi,

I am a computer zero who does a lot of content development work. My clients'
have started using Word 2007. I have spent a couple of years setting my Word
2003 Auto Correct options to compensate for my less than pefect typing
skills. I want to upgrade to Word 2007 and checked online for ways to
transfer all my Auto Coorect inputs from Word 2003 to Word 2007. Everything I
found involves things I either do not understand or am scared of doing in the
fear I may screw up everything by transfering files or changing file names.
Is there a safe and simple way for a dummy like me to do this?

My gratitude for a solution for retards like me will be unbounded!

Thanks in advance,

Shiv

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Saravanan Saravanan is offline

Hi "ShivN"

Converting the auto correct option from Word 2003 to Word 2007 is
very simple, Just follow these steps(The steps mentioned below are from the
authorised microsoft website)

"For your refrence -
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HA102552091033.aspx"

1. Copy the Normal11.dot file to the Document Building Blocks folder by
doing one the following:
If your computer is running Windows Vista

Open Windows Explorer, and then copy the Normal11.dot template from

C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates to

C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Document Building Blocks.

If your computer is running Windows XP

Open Windows Explorer, and then copy the Normal11.dot template from

C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates to

C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Microsoft\Document
Building Blocks.

2. In Office Word 2007, open the Normal11.dot template.

3. Save the file as AutoText.dotx.
When prompted, click Continue.

4. Click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click Convert.
When prompted, click OK.
The file upgrades to the new file format.

5. On the Insert tab, in the Text group, click Quick Parts, and then click
Building Blocks Organizer.

6. In Building Blocks Organizer, select an AutoText entry, click Edit
Properties, and then select the appropriate gallery in the Gallery list.

7. In the Save in list, click Normal.dotm, and then click OK.

8. Repeat for each AutoText entry that you want to use in Office Word 2007.

Thanks

Saravanan

Hope this will help's you...

======Let me know if the issue is not resolved======

"ShivN" wrote:

Hi,

I am a computer zero who does a lot of content development work. My clients'
have started using Word 2007. I have spent a couple of years setting my Word
2003 Auto Correct options to compensate for my less than pefect typing
skills. I want to upgrade to Word 2007 and checked online for ways to
transfer all my Auto Coorect inputs from Word 2003 to Word 2007. Everything I
found involves things I either do not understand or am scared of doing in the
fear I may screw up everything by transfering files or changing file names.
Is there a safe and simple way for a dummy like me to do this?

My gratitude for a solution for retards like me will be unbounded!

Thanks in advance,

Shiv

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The safe-and-sound way to do this is to use the macro provided at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...utocorrect.htm

Then use the AutoCorrect.dotm template (in Autocorrect2007.zip) from
http://jay-freedman.info to load that document into Word 2007

If you've never used a macro (they're not really that scary), see

"ShivN" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ShivN ShivN is offline

Thanks all you guys! Since you've all said mpre or less the same thing, I
guess that's the way to go. Here's hopin I don't screw up.

Thanks again!

Shiv