Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mohan G Mohan G is offline

Default Word automatically tries connecting to Printer that I'm not connec

When opening any doc, MSWord tries to automatically connecting to network
printer that I'm not connected to from my laptop, when I'm outside.
I do not want to keep changing my default printer in Windows but just dont
want to Word to connect to it. How to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word requires the printer driver to format the document. Do you have the
printer driver installed locally on the laptop?

Mohan G wrote:
When opening any doc, MSWord tries to automatically connecting to
network printer that I'm not connected to from my laptop, when I'm
outside.
I do not want to keep changing my default printer in Windows but just
dont want to Word to connect to it. How to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mohan G[_2_] Mohan G[_2_] is offline

No, I have not installed locally. I have used LPT1-Recommended Printer Port
while installing the printer. Will installing using Local Port solve the
problem?