Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
davebroxton davebroxton is offline

Default Document 2

I believe I mistakenly clicked to save changes to Document 1 (I may have done
something else). Now when I open Word 2007, BOTH Document 1 and Document 2
open. How do I delete Document 2?
As a seperate question, how can I open word WITHOUT EITHER Document 1 or 2
but rather with no document selected?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Saravanan Saravanan is offline

Hi "davebroxton",

The Word always opens recent document when it starts, doesn't open
blank doucument means, then there is a problem with the Normal.dot file.

Whenever the Word starts it will open the Normal.dot file where you can
customize the settings like font style, margins, font color, blank document
etc., so that whenever you open Word, it will open with the user cutomized
settings.

To reset the Normal.dot file to blank document open the link. This link is
of authorised Microsoft website.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...210281033.aspx

Thank you,

Saravanan
---- -- ----

"davebroxton" wrote:

I believe I mistakenly clicked to save changes to Document 1 (I may have done
something else). Now when I open Word 2007, BOTH Document 1 and Document 2
open. How do I delete Document 2?
As a seperate question, how can I open word WITHOUT EITHER Document 1 or 2
but rather with no document selected?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
davebroxton davebroxton is offline

Let me clarify:
My questions we
1) How do I eliminate blank Document 2.
2) How to I get Word to open with NO document opened?
Thanks

"davebroxton" wrote:

I believe I mistakenly clicked to save changes to Document 1 (I may have done
something else). Now when I open Word 2007, BOTH Document 1 and Document 2
open. How do I delete Document 2?
As a seperate question, how can I open word WITHOUT EITHER Document 1 or 2
but rather with no document selected?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you want Word to open without a blank document, add /n to the end of the
command line used for the shortcut used to start Word. See “How to use
startup command line switches to start Word 2003, Word 2002, and Word 2000”
at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=210565