Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mission Possible or Impossible Mission Possible or Impossible is offline

Default merging labels with zipcode with additional four digits

I have been trying to merge an excel database containing the zipcode +4 add'l
digits in Word to print labels. In the merge process when I choose "update
all labels" after I have selected the merge fields in the first label, it is
only updating the first row of labels, therefore not allowing me to complete
the merge process. I also made sure the cells containing the zipcode+4 were
defined as "special - zipcode+4" but that did not make a difference. As a
test, I have successfully used the same database to merge letters and
envelopes. The size of the labels did not make any difference. Any
suggestions.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you don't insert the zipcode as one of the fields, does the merge work?

Which version of Word/Excel?

(If you happen to be using a tablet PC with Windows XP SP2 there is a known
error where Word propagates labels only to the first row and a couple of
labels on the last row - see

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/898630/en-us

Peter Jamieson

Merging Labels BigMac Mailmerge 13 April 3rd 07 05:38 PM
Merging labels from excel starts second page with second record Debbie Mailmerge 1 February 8th 06 07:17 PM
merging labels RobertJ Mailmerge 2 August 23rd 05 09:44 PM
Trouble merging labels from existing list Bern Mailmerge 1 April 22nd 05 04:22 PM
Merging labels made in Word 2002 with a document in Works 2004 GrandmaG New Users 1 December 16th 04 02:19 AM