Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
asma khorma asma khorma is offline

Default outlock does not recoganize my fax number

when i try to merge mail to send a faxes by using word2003 and microsoft
office outlock 2003 when i reach the last step to send a fax an error appear
saying:
outlock does not recoganize the number (+962)(6)5821549

what i have to do to sove this problem

Note: i have win XP as plateform
and i install fax services from windows componant

i am appreciate your soonest answer
yours faithfully
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
asma khorma asma khorma is offline

Dear Mr. Peter,
Thank you for your interest.
Unfortunately, i still have a problem.
what i do exactley, i visit the two link and do the following:
1- i create the (msmail.ini) and wrote the statement in it, so the (fax)
buttom appear when i choose mailmerge in word2003

2- i donot run the macro, where i have a problem in running it, where the
following error appear:
(compile erro: user-defined type not defined) and highlight (dim oFaxDoc as
FAXCOMLib.FAXDOC)

Note: i prefer not to use the macro at all if possible.

3- i edit the contact which i want to merge to by adding the (user Field 1)
and wrote in it the exact fax number as it shoud be written. and chose this
field in (To) to send the fax.

The Result:
1- the error of (Microsoft office outlock does not recognize...) does not
appear at all - and this is great.

2-the faxed document appear in outlock outbock- and this is greate too- but
it does not sent really and no dial happend at all.

what i have to do now?
can i solve the problem without using the macro, if no how can i fix it and
fix the whole problem.

thank you for giving me from your value time.
asma

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Please see

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0001.htm

and the article it references at

Peter Jamieson

"asma khorma" asma wrote in message
when i try to merge mail to send a faxes by using word2003 and microsoft
office outlock 2003 when i reach the last step to send a fax an error
appear
saying:
outlock does not recoganize the number (+962)(6)5821549

what i have to do to sove this problem

Note: i have win XP as plateform
and i install fax services from windows componant

i am appreciate your soonest answer
yours faithfully

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

hello asma,

If you are using the first macro, open the Visual Basic Editor and use the
Tools|References menu option to find and check the "Faxcom 1.0 Type
Library".

If you are using the second macro, open the Visual Basic Editor and use the
Tools|References menu option to find and check the "Microsoft Fax Service
Extended COM Type Library".

Peter Jamieson

news

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Please see

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0001.htm

and the article it references at

Peter Jamieson

"asma khorma" asma wrote in message
when i try to merge mail to send a faxes by using word2003 and
microsoft
office outlock 2003 when i reach the last step to send a fax an error
appear
saying:
outlock does not recoganize the number (+962)(6)5821549

what i have to do to sove this problem

Note: i have win XP as plateform
and i install fax services from windows componant

i am appreciate your soonest answer
yours faithfully

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
asma khorma asma khorma is offline

Thank you Mr. Peter.
I will try it as soon as possible, but i want to ask: i have to use the
macro? although the mailmerge to fax appear in outlook outbox?

and also i want to ask, this is my first time in using maco, and i was
trying the first one code, however, when i have to run this macro? after
completing the mailmerge to fax or when?

thank you for your help again
yours faithfully,
asma

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Please see

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0001.htm

and the article it references at

Peter Jamieson

"asma khorma" asma wrote in message
when i try to merge mail to send a faxes by using word2003 and
microsoft
office outlock 2003 when i reach the last step to send a fax an error
appear
saying:
outlock does not recoganize the number (+962)(6)5821549

what i have to do to sove this problem

Note: i have win XP as plateform
and i install fax services from windows componant

i am appreciate your soonest answer
yours faithfully

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
asma khorma asma khorma is offline

dear,
i check the "faxcom..." as you told me and i try to run the macro but the
following error appear:
--
Run-time error '429':
ActiveX component can't create object

kindly advice.
asma

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Please see

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0001.htm

and the article it references at

Peter Jamieson

"asma khorma" asma wrote in message
when i try to merge mail to send a faxes by using word2003 and
microsoft
office outlock 2003 when i reach the last step to send a fax an error
appear
saying:
outlock does not recoganize the number (+962)(6)5821549

what i have to do to sove this problem

Note: i have win XP as plateform
and i install fax services from windows componant

i am appreciate your soonest answer
yours faithfully

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I will try it as soon as possible, but i want to ask: i have to use the
macro?

No. The other article I mentioned gives instructions for how to change the
numbers so they should work. If that works, you probably do not need the
macro.

trying the first one code, however, when i have to run this macro? after
completing the mailmerge to fax or when?

No, the idea of the macro is that it does one merge for each record in your
data source. So you
a. either need to connect your mail merge main document to the data source,
then use the macro,
b. or make the connection in the macro. (a) is probably easier since you
are not familiar with macros.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Please see

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0001.htm

and the article it references at

Peter Jamieson

"asma khorma" asma wrote in message
when i try to merge mail to send a faxes by using word2003 and
microsoft
office outlock 2003 when i reach the last step to send a fax an
error
appear
saying:
outlock does not recoganize the number (+962)(6)5821549

what i have to do to sove this problem

Note: i have win XP as plateform
and i install fax services from windows componant

i am appreciate your soonest answer
yours faithfully

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

OK, I guess this macro is not going to work on your system. But how exactly
do you fax from Outlook? If you are using an Internet fax service, the macro
almost certainly will not work.

Peter Jamieson
"asma khorma" wrote in message
dear,
i check the "faxcom..." as you told me and i try to run the macro but the
following error appear:
--
Run-time error '429':
ActiveX component can't create object
--
and when i press debug a highlight appear on:
Set oFaxServer = CreateObject("FaxServer.FaxSer*ver")

kindly advice.
asma

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Please see

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0001.htm

and the article it references at

Peter Jamieson

"asma khorma" asma wrote in message
when i try to merge mail to send a faxes by using word2003 and
microsoft
office outlock 2003 when i reach the last step to send a fax an
error
appear
saying:
outlock does not recoganize the number (+962)(6)5821549

what i have to do to sove this problem

Note: i have win XP as plateform
and i install fax services from windows componant

i am appreciate your soonest answer
yours faithfully

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
asma khorma asma khorma is offline

dear Mr. peter,
thanks again for your interest.
as i wrote to you before, i change the number and the mailmerge to fax
complete without any error message, but the faxes appear in outlook in outbox
folder not sent in real.
what i have to do?
just how to let outlock send faxes which are in its outbox?
yours faithfully
asma

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Please see

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0001.htm

and the article it references at

Peter Jamieson

"asma khorma" asma wrote in message
when i try to merge mail to send a faxes by using word2003 and
microsoft
office outlock 2003 when i reach the last step to send a fax an
error
appear
saying:
outlock does not recoganize the number (+962)(6)5821549

what i have to do to sove this problem

Note: i have win XP as plateform
and i install fax services from windows componant

i am appreciate your soonest answer
yours faithfully

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Hello asma,

as i wrote to you before, i change the number and the mailmerge to fax
complete without any error message, but the faxes appear in outlook in
outbox
folder not sent in real.
what i have to do?

Unfortunately, in this case, I do not know. You could try asking in an
Outlook group.

However, if you are using a real faxmodem, the macro I provided should work.
Although we already know it does not work in your case, we can try to work
out why. If you are using an internet-based fax service, I think something
else will be needed. I do not have such a service here so I cannot
experiment.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Please see

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0001.htm

and the article it references at

Peter Jamieson

"asma khorma" asma wrote in
message
when i try to merge mail to send a faxes by using word2003 and
microsoft
office outlock 2003 when i reach the last step to send a fax an
error
appear
saying:
outlock does not recoganize the number (+962)(6)5821549

what i have to do to sove this problem

Note: i have win XP as plateform
and i install fax services from windows componant

i am appreciate your soonest answer
yours faithfully

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Did you ever have any success with this?

I noticed that you posted a new message, but I would rather not reply to it,
because that usually means that other people will not attempt to answer.

I still think the macro is the correct way to go.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Please see

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0001.htm

and the article it references at

Peter Jamieson

"asma khorma" asma wrote in message
when i try to merge mail to send a faxes by using word2003 and
microsoft
office outlock 2003 when i reach the last step to send a fax an
error
appear
saying:
outlock does not recoganize the number (+962)(6)5821549

what i have to do to sove this problem

Note: i have win XP as plateform
and i install fax services from windows componant

i am appreciate your soonest answer
yours faithfully

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
asma khorma asma khorma is offline

Dear Mr. Peter,
excuse me this is my first time in discussion group.
in real, your first reply was very usefule and it was the solution in word,
and i press (yes) beside the question (did this post answer your question)
and as you see you can find a ticke beside it, and i thought in this way the
post is complete.
however, i use the MSMail.ini statement and change the formate number in
outlook and but the number in (user feild 1)- in my case i donot need the
macro.

and i open another post because you told me i have to go to outlook
discussion and that what i do, i open a post their and i have an answer which
is i have to define a (fax mail transport) account.

in this case the solution complete from your answer and outlook discussion
group answer.

Note: i post some question in office discussion in general because i donot
know the best group i have to ask in.

thats all.
if i have to do anything else to close the post which i have an answer for
it kindly told me what i have to do.

thank you for your interest, and i hope the idea now is clear.
yours faithfully,
asma khorma.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Please see

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0001.htm

and the article it references at

Peter Jamieson

"asma khorma" asma wrote in message
when i try to merge mail to send a faxes by using word2003 and
microsoft
office outlock 2003 when i reach the last step to send a fax an
error
appear
saying:
outlock does not recoganize the number (+962)(6)5821549

what i have to do to sove this problem

Note: i have win XP as plateform
and i install fax services from windows componant

i am appreciate your soonest answer
yours faithfully

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Hello Asma,

Don't worry about the posts etc. You are doing everythng OK. You don't have
to "close" anything.

I have replied to your other post, just in case.