Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
donna donna is offline

Default mailing labels from Excel

I am trying to make a mail merge in word using data from an excel
spreadsheet. Included in the data is the person's SIN. When I perform the
mail merge, I lose the formatting and the space between the numbers
disappears. Is there a way to keep the formatting from excel when I import
the info? I will be merging approx 2000 names and have no desire to
physically fix each entry. Does anyone have a suggestion?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Try changing the way Word connects to Excel - check
Word|Tools|Options|General|"Confirm conversions at open", go through the
process of connecting to the data source again, and choose the DDE option in
the extra dialog box offered when you have selected the .xls.

It may not work but it's sometimes the quickest way to get "what you see in
Excel".

Peter Jamieson
"Donna" wrote in message
I am trying to make a mail merge in word using data from an excel
spreadsheet. Included in the data is the person's SIN. When I perform the
mail merge, I lose the formatting and the space between the numbers
disappears. Is there a way to keep the formatting from excel when I import
the info? I will be merging approx 2000 names and have no desire to
physically fix each entry. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
donna donna is offline

Thank you so much - I have been fighting with this for about a week and a
half! I followed your instructions and it worked, the labels look exactly
like I want them too now.

Donna