Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Clif Barber Clif Barber is offline

Default Bullets in line numbers

I have developed a problem in which unwanted bullets are appearing in the
line numbers of some but not all of my reports. I have attempted to adjust
in the "line number" style but bullet selection is not an option for that
style. I have also determined that these are not a part of any header
configuration. Any ideas on how to get rid of these bullets??

--
Clifton J. Barber
CJ Barber Consutling Services

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

What happens if you select the text of the problem document except for the
final paragraph mark (press Ctrl+A, Shift+Left arrow, Ctrl+C) and paste into
a new blank document? Can you now turn on line numbering again without
getting into trouble?

If the above doesn't work, try repairing the Word installation, which has
been suggested in older threads on similar topics.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Clif Barber" wrote in message
I have developed a problem in which unwanted bullets are appearing in the
line numbers of some but not all of my reports. I have attempted to
adjust
in the "line number" style but bullet selection is not an option for that
style. I have also determined that these are not a part of any header
configuration. Any ideas on how to get rid of these bullets??

--
Clifton J. Barber
CJ Barber Consutling Services

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Clif Barber Clif Barber is offline

STEFAN:

Copying the text, less the final carriage return, does eliminate the
bullets. However, this problem is affecting many documents that I have
previously generated, mostly those that are personalized with my letterhead.

I did a full repair and the problem still exists. Is it possible for me to
send you an affected document for your analysis?

--

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'd definitely be interested in looking at the file. You can send it to
.

Note, however, that I probably wouldn't be able to tell you anything new.
Since the "paste into a new document" approach worked, we've already
established that the document was corrupt.