markarita

Default when i save a document, it names the file text that isn't visible.

I'm using Word 2003. When I save a file, it automatically puts 'Hi,
Jason.doc' as the file name. That text is not anywhere in my file. I've
replaced the normal.dot template, but that doesn't seem to do anything. I've
also checked my user information and it's not there, either.

The suggested filename is the Title field (if any) in the document
Properties. Failing that, it is the first text in the document. If you've
regenerated Normal.dot by renaming it to get a fresh copy, then I have no
explanation. If you "replaced" it by any other method, then you probably
propagated the error. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm