Rolf Barbakken

Default Formatting field does not format all field data

We're making a template with fields. In this template we have a field that
we select and give a style. The template have macros that fill fields with
data.

As we create a new document based on the template, the fields are filled
with data (strings) correctly, but the style is only applied correctly to
the the first word of the string in the field data. Seems like the data in
the fields are only formatted correctly if there are no spaces in the
string.

Why is this? How do we correctly add styles to fields so that all the
fields' data are styled?

--
_________________
Rolf @ Questus ans

Doug Robbins

Are you using the Charformat switch? With it, you apply the desired
formatting to the first character of the Field code.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Rolf Barbakken" wrote in message
We're making a template with fields. In this template we have a field that
we select and give a style. The template have macros that fill fields with
data.

As we create a new document based on the template, the fields are filled
with data (strings) correctly, but the style is only applied correctly to
the the first word of the string in the field data. Seems like the data in
the fields are only formatted correctly if there are no spaces in the
string.

Why is this? How do we correctly add styles to fields so that all the
fields' data are styled?

--
_________________
Rolf @ Questus ans

Rolf Barbakken

No I am not using this switch. Doesn't this mean that I have to enter
"\*Charformat" into every field and format the first character in the field?

I have about 250 templates that I have to convert from one style without
fields into a style using fields, and entering "\*Charformat" for every
field is very time consuming

--
Rolf @ Questus ans

"Doug Robbins" wrote in message
[...]

Rolf Barbakken

They are custom fields for a CRM-system. I have no access to the code right
now.

But we're using your first suggestion of using \*Charformat. The progress is
good enough

Thanks again, Doug.