Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PFAA PFAA is offline

Default Extra Return at the bottom of the page

Sometimes when I have a table at the very bottom of a page, I end up with a
carriage return on the following page - thus creating an unnecessary blank
page.

I can't seem to figure out how to get rid of the the return. Is that a way
to do bring that rtn back to the first page?

Thanks,
PFAA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It usually does. I'm always torn. Changing it to 1 guarantees that I will
not know that it is there (though at the end of a document I will know it
must be); formatting it as Hidden means I'll see it most of the time (and
Word will see an extra page), but at least I can find it and format it; this
is more important in the middle of a document than at the end, and usually
there are other workarounds in the middle of a document (such as "Page break
before" instead of a manual page break to avoid an empty paragraph).

news