Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
laurie8888 laurie8888 is offline

Default SaveAs Saves in .docm format by default -- how to stop this?

In Word 2003, I have one user who, when she does a "Save As", the file format
defaults to .docm (instead of .doc). However, a "Save" defaults correctly to
..doc. I would normally tell the user to just change it manually, but she is
a VP and I am a peon and she has logged a ticket with our Help Desk to fix
it. Therefore, I would appreciate info on how to change the default back to
..doc. As far as I can tell, this is the only machine on our network that
does this.

Help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Tools options save - document format
However if she is saving an existing document with save as then the default
format will be the format of the existing document. It would be better if
she saved the document as a template and created new documents from it, or
she will be soon moaning that she has lost the original by saving over it
accidentally and there will be nothing you can do to correct that.

laurie8888 wrote:
In Word 2003, I have one user who, when she does a "Save As", the
file format defaults to .docm (instead of .doc). However, a "Save"
defaults correctly to .doc. I would normally tell the user to just
change it manually, but she is a VP and I am a peon and she has
logged a ticket with our Help Desk to fix it. Therefore, I would
appreciate info on how to change the default back to .doc. As far as
I can tell, this is the only machine on our network that does this.

Help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
laurie8888 laurie8888 is offline

No, Word is SUPPOSED to do a "Save As" in the same format as the original,
but is doesn't on this machine and therein lies my problem (and the reason
that I posted). Tools --Options --Save-- document format IS set
correctly, and DOES save correctly when doing a "Save" as I said in the
original post, but NOT when doing a "Save AS" (when it defaults to a .docm).