Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark Mark is offline

Default Pasting in Word 2007 using Track Changes

Is there an issue with pasting into Word 2007?

In 2003, if I had a document that had track changes (especially deletions),
I could copy and paste special unformatted text and the paste result would
take into account all changes including additions and deletions. Now in 2007
when I do the same routine, the addtions show up, but the deletions are still
in the pasted version. Is this just a "feature" of Word 2007, or am I doing
something wrong.

BTW, I didn't "accept" any changes before copying and pasting.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 07:32:06 -0700, Mark wrote:

Is there an issue with pasting into Word 2007?

In 2003, if I had a document that had track changes (especially deletions),
I could copy and paste special unformatted text and the paste result would
take into account all changes including additions and deletions. Now in 2007
when I do the same routine, the addtions show up, but the deletions are still
in the pasted version. Is this just a "feature" of Word 2007, or am I doing
something wrong.

BTW, I didn't "accept" any changes before copying and pasting.

It makes a difference whether Tracked Changes is turned on in one or both
documents. See
http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_offi...d-changes.aspx

--
Regards,