Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Xanbaby Xanbaby is offline

Default Embedded Images using Word 2000

A pc running word 2000 is unable to display or print an embedded image in a
word document. Document opens fine in Word 2003 and other Word 2000 pc's,
I've tried reducing graphics accelleration as suggested in a few websites,
any thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
DeanH DeanH is offline

Under Tools, Options, View and check the Drawings box in the Print and Web
Layout options, also under the Print tab for Drawing Objects box under the
Include with document options.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Xanbaby" wrote:

A pc running word 2000 is unable to display or print an embedded image in a
word document. Document opens fine in Word 2003 and other Word 2000 pc's,
I've tried reducing graphics accelleration as suggested in a few websites,
any thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Xanbaby Xanbaby is offline

Alas no joy. I've just discovered that this appears to be limited to one
document, which opens fine on all bar 2 pc's. I've tried the suggestions
below, and had a look at file properties, but no luck so far.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

"Xanbaby" wrote:

A pc running word 2000 is unable to display or print an embedded image in
word document. Document opens fine in Word 2003 and other Word 2000
pc's,
I've tried reducing graphics accelleration as suggested in a few
websites,
any thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

If you check in Print Preview and in Page Layout View what do you get in the area that should have the pictures in them (same size
blank space, a red x, or is the text closed in as if there was never a picture there?

Do all of the machines using Word 2000 access the document locally saved or on a network share or ???

==================

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Xanbaby Xanbaby is offline

In Print Preview, these's a red X if I remember correctly. To clarify, the
following scenarios occur:

On my machine (XP, Office 2003), the document opens without difficulty &
displays, I can copy & paste the embedded image into MS Paint.
On machines that are causing me problems, document refuses to display
embedded image, if I try to cut & paste it into MS Paint, all I get is a Red
X.

In print preview, again all is displayed is a red X where the image is
positioned. The document was received as an e-mail and forwarded to me. I
was able to open it without difficulty from Outlook, the PC in trouble can't
display the item when opened from Outlook, nor when the file is saved to the
hard drive and accessed from there.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...