xpnovice

Default Document Name or Path Invalid

Hi

I am trying to access a Word Document that I have been working on all day.
But when I try to open it, from within Word or directly from the file itself
through Explorer, I get the Error message telling me the "Document name or
path is invalid".

I can search for the file and it shows up in the results, but still with the
error message when I try to open it.

I have done all the good practice by occasionally saving to my external USB
backup but get the same error message from the same file. All other files
are fine.

I hope someone can help, this file is very important, for a project I have
to deliver on Monday morning.

Thanks
John

PS I posted this on the XPGeneral group, but possible this one is more
appropriate.

xpnovice

Thank You Very Very Much,

Words "Open and Repair" option in the File Open dialogue box worked. A
route I had not thought of, but your prompt to try using the "Recover text
from any file" pointed me in the right direction.

The file is now back and working, and thanks for the information about
working from removable media - I will not do that in future.

Thanks, you just saved me a long Sunday

John

"xpnovice" wrote in message
[...]

hazel.jhones hazel.jhones is offline
Junior Member

Hi! For solving this error I recommend to use Long Path Tool. It works well in Mac and Linux.