Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Marsh Marsh is offline

Default Word 2007 Fields

I have searched and search with little success....
Where have the Ask and Fill-in fields been hidden, I just can not find them
and would like to use in a template.
Thank you
Marsh
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

On the Insert tab, click Quick Parts (in the Text group). In the menu, you
will find Field which opens the €œold€ Field dialog box.

I agree that it is well hidden.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Marsh" wrote:

I have searched and search with little success....
Where have the Ask and Fill-in fields been hidden, I just can not find them
and would like to use in a template.
Thank you
Marsh

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Marsh Marsh is offline

Thank you.
The insert tab is logical, but under Quick Parts seems illogical to me, but
what do I know :-)

"Marsh" wrote:

I have searched and search with little success....
Where have the Ask and Fill-in fields been hidden, I just can not find them
and would like to use in a template.
Thank you
Marsh

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Marsh,

Alt-I-F will get you to the same dialogue box, just as it did in earlier versions.

Plus, you can always create the fields manually - simply press Ctrl-F9 and start typing. For example:
{FILLIN "What's up?"}
or
{ASK BkMrk "What's up"}
where 'BkMrk' is the name of the bookmark the ASK field is to use.

When you're done coding, press F9 to update the field and generate the prompt. If you make a mistake, selecting the field and
pressing Shift-F9 will expose the field code again.

--
Cheers
macropod