Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
blobb blobb is offline

Default Data Fields not showing in Mail Merge from Access

Hi. I have a Word 2009 mail merge file with a 2009 Access database as the
source data. After set up the source data reference I had to change some
aspects of the Access query that the mail merge was based on. When I open
the Word mail merge document the source data is not updated to reflect the
change in the Access query. Is there any way to include the new fields in
the Word document? I have tried deleting the reference to the access query,
creating a new file connected to the query, used Access to "merge it with
word" using both the create new docuemnt and link to an existing document. I
can't seem to access the updated query (that replaced the previous version).

For example:

Original Query Fields:

FirstName, LastName, DoB, City

Modified Query Fields:

FirstName, LastName, DoB, City, State, HomePhone

I cannot retrieve "State", "HomePhone" in the Mail Merge. They do not exist
as fields.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

blobb

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you open the query in Access, do you see all of the required data? Maybe
in the query design the "Show" check box is not ticked.
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.