JeffH13

Default Losing Data after computer is rebooted

I have created several documents that have mail merge. They are all using
address books from Outlook in the public folders that are on the server.
When I open the document after rebooting the system. The document ask the
following:

Opening this document will run the following SQL command:
Select *FROM C:\~~\~~_virtual_file_~~~.olk ORDER BY COMPANY
Data from your database will be placed in the document. Do you want to
continue?

Hit Yes

Then it ask to find data source but it only gives choice for database type
choices.

If I hit Options and then remove data/header source.

The document opens and then I hit Mail Merge Helper and reconnect to the
Outlook Address Book.

I then close and reopen it ask me same first question, Then it ask that it
will be opening the Outlook Address Book converter which may contain security
risk, then it give me the different address book available.

I would like it when the document opens to just ask which address book
available. That would make life nice.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you very much!!
Graham Mayor

Changes have been made to the way Word connnects to Outlook databases in
Microsoft's quest to improve security. Instead of initiating Outlook mail
merges from Word, initiate them from Outlook. This allows Outlook to connect
in a different manner (and provides access to all the fields). You can save
the datafile associated with the merge from Outlook.

See http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

JeffH13 wrote:
[...]

JeffH13

I have look in Outlook under tools and I don't see mail merge. In word I was
able to add it when I go into Toolbars Command and all Commands but in
Outlook the all Command Category is not there.

Were would I find this.

Thanks...

JeffH13 wrote:
[...]

JeffH13

Thanks..

That's alot of work to print one or a couple of envelopes. Is there a way
to create a button in the tool bar that the operator would just click on and
it would automatically print a preselected doc with the contact information
that has been selected.

Thanks for your help!!!

JeffH13 wrote:
[...]

Graham Mayor

If it's only an envelope or two that you want see the envelope template
download on the downloads page of my web site, which links automatically to
Outlook. The technique used there is described at
http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm