Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LairdofSleaford

Default Wrod 2003 - I have a file that is 83MB in size for 3 pages what u.

I gave a file that is 83MB for 3 pages in Word 2003! It keeps applying any
formating I use to the whole document, which then goes off to wherever I want
to apply it if I press Ctrl Z. What is up with Word? Is there a fix? I
need to use a lot of formatting, I am an Adult Literacy tutor and the
formatting I use, bold, colours and tables makes it easy for the learners.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Hi LairdodSleaford,

I don't know why you should want to press 83 Mb in three pages :-) but the
strange formatting behavior may very well occur because you have checked
"Automatically update" in the styles that you use.

Choose File | Styles and formatting...
Expand the dropdown list of 'Normal' in the task pane that appears, and
choose Modify...
Clear 'Automatically update'.
Do so for any style you have used in your document.

Good luck,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the question?".

"LairdofSleaford" wrote:

I gave a file that is 83MB for 3 pages in Word 2003! It keeps applying any
formating I use to the whole document, which then goes off to wherever I want
to apply it if I press Ctrl Z. What is up with Word? Is there a fix? I
need to use a lot of formatting, I am an Adult Literacy tutor and the
formatting I use, bold, colours and tables makes it easy for the learners.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LairdofSleaford

Default Wrod 2003 - I have a file that is 83MB in size for 3 pages wha

Hi Cooz

Good answer! It does seem to speed things up but the file is still the same
83MB. Any ideas of how I could reduce this without losing all the formatting?

"LairdofSleaford" wrote:

I gave a file that is 83MB for 3 pages in Word 2003! It keeps applying any
formating I use to the whole document, which then goes off to wherever I want
to apply it if I press Ctrl Z. What is up with Word? Is there a fix? I
need to use a lot of formatting, I am an Adult Literacy tutor and the
formatting I use, bold, colours and tables makes it easy for the learners.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Hi LairdofSleaford,

As Simon Mider suggests, graphics may increase the file size drastically. If
your document contains graphics, select one, choose Format | Picture... | tab
Picture | Compress... Be sure to compress all pictures in your document, and,
if possible, to Web/Screen resolution.

For more suggestions, see
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...spx?mode=print
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...spx?mode=print

Getting any further?

Good luck,
Cooz
--

"LairdofSleaford" wrote:

I gave a file that is 83MB for 3 pages in Word 2003! It keeps applying any
formating I use to the whole document, which then goes off to wherever I want
to apply it if I press Ctrl Z. What is up with Word? Is there a fix? I
need to use a lot of formatting, I am an Adult Literacy tutor and the
formatting I use, bold, colours and tables makes it easy for the learners.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LairdofSleaford

There was 1 graphic added after the original problem and size of 83Mb, in
this case I don't think that is the problem. The only one I have is
Microsfot clipart, so I don't think it is very high resolution but I will try
Simon's suggestion.

Regards

LairdofSleaford

"LairdofSleaford" wrote:

I gave a file that is 83MB for 3 pages in Word 2003! It keeps applying any
formating I use to the whole document, which then goes off to wherever I want
to apply it if I press Ctrl Z. What is up with Word? Is there a fix? I
need to use a lot of formatting, I am an Adult Literacy tutor and the
formatting I use, bold, colours and tables makes it easy for the learners.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LairdofSleaford

After I compressed the picture to screen resolutuion it was still 83.8Mb in
size! It would appear that after you have 'built' size with formatting it
just will not disappear. I know I could save it out as a text file and then
bring it back in as a doc and re-format it but would I just end up with as
big a file? I don't have time to try it just now but will try later and see
how that works out!

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP! :-)

LairdofSleafrod

"LairdofSleaford" wrote:

I gave a file that is 83MB for 3 pages in Word 2003! It keeps applying any
formating I use to the whole document, which then goes off to wherever I want
to apply it if I press Ctrl Z. What is up with Word? Is there a fix? I
need to use a lot of formatting, I am an Adult Literacy tutor and the
formatting I use, bold, colours and tables makes it easy for the learners.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LairdofSleaford

Cooz

How do you embed fonts in Word?

Regards

LairdofSleaford

"LairdofSleaford" wrote:

I gave a file that is 83MB for 3 pages in Word 2003! It keeps applying any
formating I use to the whole document, which then goes off to wherever I want
to apply it if I press Ctrl Z. What is up with Word? Is there a fix? I
need to use a lot of formatting, I am an Adult Literacy tutor and the
formatting I use, bold, colours and tables makes it easy for the learners.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There are a number of reasons for excessive file size, including:

1. Fast Saves: Disable this at on the Save tab of Tools | Options.

2. Preview Pictu Clear the check box on the Summary tab of File |
Properties.

3. Versions (File | Versions): Make sure "Automatically save version on
close" is not turned on.

4. Revisions (Tools | Track Changes):
Highlight Changes: Make sure "Highlight changes on screen" is turned on
(or that "Final Showing Markup" is displayed).
Accept/Reject Changes: If "Accept All" or "Reject All" is available then
revisions are present; accept or reject all changes, then turn Track Changes
off.

5. Embedded True Type fonts (Tools | Options | Save); embedding fonts should
be avoided wherever possible.

6. Embedded graphics: When feasible, it is preferable to link the graphics.
That is, when you insert the graphic, click the arrow beside Insert in the
Picture dialog and choose Link to File rather than Insert or Insert and
Link.

7. Embedded objects: These are even worse than ordinary graphics saved with
the document. If you see an { EMBED } code, the graphic is an OLE object.
Unless you need to be able to edit the object in place, unlink it using
Ctrl+Shift+F9.

8. File format: Make sure you are saving as a Word document; in some cases
..rtf (Rich Text Format) files are significantly larger than .doc files.

9. Document corruption: See
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.

"LairdofSleaford" wrote in
message ...

"LairdofSleaford" wrote:

I gave a file that is 83MB for 3 pages in Word 2003! It keeps

applying any
formating I use to the whole document, which then goes off to

wherever I want
to apply it if I press Ctrl Z. What is up with Word? Is there a

fix? I
need to use a lot of formatting, I am an Adult Literacy tutor and

the
formatting I use, bold, colours and tables makes it easy for the

learners.

How do I reduce word file size after deleting versions? marianna Microsoft Word Help 1 August 30th 05 06:02 PM
How can I reduce the size of words file? darliaung Microsoft Word Help 1 August 29th 05 02:05 PM
File size is huge after linking many png files - Word 2003 (build 11.5604.6412) L Mehl Microsoft Word Help 4 July 21st 05 07:19 AM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
I cannot get font size 6 in Word 2003? JohnCR Microsoft Word Help 1 December 9th 04 11:12 AM