Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hanna

Default clip art in word

why does a border at the bottom move to another page when i type near the end
of the page? I have clicked on format , removed the check mark from move
with words, etc. also, sometimes the clip art at the top of a page moves to
another page. how can i get the design where i want it and it stay there?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Hi hanna,

Any object that is not placed in line with text, is connected to a paragraph
by means of an anchor. Check Tools | Options... | tab View | Object anchors,
select your clip art, and the anchor will be visible somewhere in the left
margin.

You may have cleared 'Move object with text', but that means only that the
object has a fixed position on the page that contains the paragraph to which
the object is anchored. So, if you type, this paragraph may move to another
page, taking along the clip art.

To have your clip art or other object fixed on a particular page in your
document, do the following:
- Select the picture and make an AutoText from it (Insert | AutoText
AutoText...).
- Place the cursor in the header (View | Header and Footer) and type the
following:
{ IF { PAGE } = x { AUTOTEXT name } }
Press Ctrl-F9 to place the { }. Replace x with the number of the page on
which you want your clip art to appear. Replace name with the name of the
AutoText that contains your picture.

Good luck,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the question?".