Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lare2

Default Need to disable a confirmation

Is there a way to disable the appearing of this confirmation box on Word 2003
every time I save a file as *.TXT

I use word for the spell check to review TXT files, but get annoyed by that
box, have been looking under the options a way to disable it with no luck at
all.

here's a picture of the box i'm talking about.

http://www.upitfree.com/view/514

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lare2

No one able to help me : (
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

I assume the document has already been saved as TXT? If so, you can use a
one-line macro:

Sub SavePlainText()

ActiveDocument.Save

End Sub

If the Save command is issued from VBA, it does not prompt.

If the document has NOT been saved before, or has not been saved as TXT,
then use:

Sub SavePlainText()

ActiveDocument.SaveAs FileFormat:=wdFormatDocument

End Sub

To install a macro, look he
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...eateAMacro.htm

Cheers

On 14/3/06 2:57 AM, in article
, "Lare2"
wrote:

Is there a way to disable the appearing of this confirmation box on Word 2003
every time I save a file as *.TXT

I use word for the spell check to review TXT files, but get annoyed by that
box, have been looking under the options a way to disable it with no luck at
all.

here's a picture of the box i'm talking about.

http://www.upitfree.com/view/514

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410