Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
smdmcross smdmcross is offline

Default Word 2003 only opens in the taskbar and will not maximize, excel works fine!!

Word 2003 only opens in the taskbar and will not maximize, excel works
fine!! I uninstalled MS Office 2003 Pro and then reloaded it but that
didn't help. I also cannot find the normal.dot file.

Any suggestions?

--
smdmcross
smdmcross's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=5076

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

When you right-click on the Taskbar buttons, what options do you have? If
they include Maximize and Minimize (but not Restore), then Word is open in a
Normal (Restored) window offscreen. Open any other window, right-click on an
empty area of the Taskbar, and choose Cascade. This should bring the Word
window back in view. Use the mouse to move and size it to the desired
location and size, then quit Word. When you restart Word, the window should
be where you left it.

"smdmcross" wrote in message

Word 2003 only opens in the taskbar and will not maximize, excel works
fine!! I uninstalled MS Office 2003 Pro and then reloaded it but that
didn't help. I also cannot find the normal.dot file.

Any suggestions?

--
smdmcross
smdmcross's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=5076
View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=1258885

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
smdmcross smdmcross is offline

It actually only gave me the minimize and restore. I did go ahead and
go into the registry and deleted the Settings string under
\\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0 \Word\Data

and that seemed to have worked.

Thank you so much for your help!!