Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Biggar Gordon Biggar is offline

Default Setting Margins for Printing/Binding

I am using Word 2000, and I would like to print a document that will
eventually be bound. To allow for the binding, I recall once making
adjustments to margins to allow for this (i.e., shifting text to the right
on odd pages, and shifting text to the left on even pages). However, I
don't remember how I did it. "Mirror Margins" under Page Setup? Somewhere
else? How does one specify the amount of shifting, etc.?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Gordon Biggar
Houston, Texas

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Yes, set Mirror Margins. Then either set a gutter measurement or add some
binding space to the Inside margin. The page at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...etprinting.htm explains this.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Gordon Biggar wrote:
I am using Word 2000, and I would like to print a document that will
eventually be bound. To allow for the binding, I recall once making
adjustments to margins to allow for this (i.e., shifting text to the
right on odd pages, and shifting text to the left on even pages).
However, I don't remember how I did it. "Mirror Margins" under Page
Setup? Somewhere else? How does one specify the amount of shifting,
etc.?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Gordon Biggar
Houston, Texas

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Biggar Gordon Biggar is offline

Thank you. I had not seen the "Inside" and "Outside" in the format layout
when Mirror Margins are selected.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Yes, set Mirror Margins. Then either set a gutter measurement or add some
binding space to the Inside margin. The page at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...etprinting.htm explains this.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman