Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Goran Ivanic Goran Ivanic is offline

Default Why error when applying SP2 to Office 2003 installation?

I downloaded the MsOffice 2003 SP2 from the MS web pages and tried to apply it to
my Office 2003 installation.
Much to my surprise an error window pops up informing me:

"The update cannot be applied"

Why ?

The "About" box of my Word 2003 (under Win2000+SP4) shows as version: 11.5604.5606

No "SP2" label is visible. So I guess SP2 is currently Not applied.

What else could be the error?

How can I find out if SP1 is already applied or Not ?

Goran

Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mary Mary is offline

Visit the Office Update Site and let it tell you what you need by scanning
your computer. http://office.microsoft.com/officeupdate/default.aspx