Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MikeR-Oz MikeR-Oz is offline

Default Shade/colour the whole page?

I would like to have the paper(A4) all coloured or at least to what the
printer will print up to.

I currently do edit/select all/ then

Format/ Borders and shading/shading and then select the colour. - It only
coulours the area of text.

Is there a way to do this?

Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Mike,

Open your document's header or footer, then insert a rectangular autoshape
and size, position & shade it accordingly. If you've got different odd &
even margins and you only want to shade up to them, you'll also want to
format the shape as 'behind text' and set its positioning relative to the
margins.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"MikeR-Oz" wrote in message
I would like to have the paper(A4) all coloured or at least to what the
printer will print up to.

I currently do edit/select all/ then

Format/ Borders and shading/shading and then select the colour. - It only
coulours the area of text.

Is there a way to do this?

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MikeR-Oz MikeR-Oz is offline

Thats fantastic. I have expanded out the box to fill the whole page but in
preview it has some white space around the page which in normal view is not
shown. I gather that is the printers limitations for the inkjet printer?

Thanks again
Mike

"MikeR-Oz" wrote in message
I would like to have the paper(A4) all coloured or at least to what the
printer will print up to.

I currently do edit/select all/ then

Format/ Borders and shading/shading and then select the colour. - It only
coulours the area of text.

Is there a way to do this?

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Mike,

Few printers can print right to the edge of the paper. That's why you'll see
an unshaded area. The size of this will vary from printer to printer.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"MikeR-Oz" wrote in message
I would like to have the paper(A4) all coloured or at least to what

the
printer will print up to.

I currently do edit/select all/ then

Format/ Borders and shading/shading and then select the colour. - It

only
coulours the area of text.

Is there a way to do this?

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
RajKohli RajKohli is offline

In Microsoft Word 2003, there is an easy way to do the same task.

1. Clik Tools - Options
2. Click the Print tab and make a check mark on "Background Colors and Images"
3. Click Format - Background - choose desire colors.

and as said by MACROPOD, edges will left unshaded.

Hope this help, let us know!

"MikeR-Oz" wrote:

I would like to have the paper(A4) all coloured or at least to what the
printer will print up to.

I currently do edit/select all/ then

Format/ Borders and shading/shading and then select the colour. - It only
coulours the area of text.

Is there a way to do this?

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MikeR-Oz MikeR-Oz is offline

Thanks to both. I have office 2000 , but this issue has bugged me for sooo...
long and now to you both, all solved. Cheers
Mike

"MikeR-Oz" wrote:

I would like to have the paper(A4) all coloured or at least to what the
printer will print up to.

I currently do edit/select all/ then

Format/ Borders and shading/shading and then select the colour. - It only
coulours the area of text.

Is there a way to do this?

Mike

Ending page numbering Joe McGuire Microsoft Word Help 7 October 24th 06 06:45 AM
Want to start page 1 numbering after five pages - how? RM Page Layout 6 April 5th 06 05:07 AM
adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 04:51 PM
page number positioning and format tinaa Page Layout 3 February 4th 06 12:38 AM