Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Boomer Boomer is offline

Default Text box fill

How do I change the color of the fill in an existing text box? I have added
several comments on a TIFF image and now want to make this change without
redoing everything. If it is possible, can it be done globally? Am using Word
2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Boomer,

Select each of the text boxes (eg select the first, hold down the Shift key
& select the second, and so on), then use Format|Text Box|Colors and Lines
to apply the required color.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Boomer" wrote in message
How do I change the color of the fill in an existing text box? I have

added
several comments on a TIFF image and now want to make this change without
redoing everything. If it is possible, can it be done globally? Am using

Word
2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Boomer Boomer is offline

Holding shift nd clicking on additional boxes doesn't work. Am having to do
each on individually. Is there a setting somewhere for this?

"Boomer" wrote in message
How do I change the color of the fill in an existing text box? I have

added
several comments on a TIFF image and now want to make this change without
redoing everything. If it is possible, can it be done globally? Am using

Word
2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Boomer,

No settings - it should work. Alternatively, having done one, select the
next one and press F4.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Boomer" wrote in message
How do I change the color of the fill in an existing text box? I have

added
several comments on a TIFF image and now want to make this change

without
redoing everything. If it is possible, can it be done globally? Am

using
Word
2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Phreddy Phreddy is offline

Thank you macropod. I can't get that to work either. Will have to remember
to make sure that I set the text box to be 100% transparent next time.

"Boomer" wrote in message
How do I change the color of the fill in an existing text box? I have
added
several comments on a TIFF image and now want to make this change

without
redoing everything. If it is possible, can it be done globally? Am

using
Word
2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You probably are unable to multiple-select because the Text Boxes are set to
In Line with Text. You can only select multiple objects if they are in the
Drawing Layer - Some type of Text Wrapping applied.

Use the F4 technique suggested in macropod's second post (immediately after
formatting one) or select a formatted object then dbl-clk the Format Painter
Button & click the others one by one.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 11/18/06 6:41 PM, in article
, "Boomer"

"Boomer" wrote in message
How do I change the color of the fill in an existing text box? I have

added
several comments on a TIFF image and now want to make this change without
redoing everything. If it is possible, can it be done globally? Am using

Word
2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
RajKohli RajKohli is offline

Here I have one more good technique. In the Drawing Toolbar, here is a button
called "Toolbar Options" used to Add / Remove button from the toolbar (down
arrow shape), click this Button - chose Add / Remove Buttons - click Drawings
- in the list select "Select Multiple Objects". A new button will be added to
your drawing toolbar. Click this button and a list of all drawing objects
available in your page will be listed. Select as you desire.

Hope this information help everyone, let us know!

"Boomer" wrote in message
How do I change the color of the fill in an existing text box? I have

added
several comments on a TIFF image and now want to make this change without
redoing everything. If it is possible, can it be done globally? Am using

Word
2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Good thought, but even that won't do any good if the objects are In Line
with Text - the list will be blank.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 11/19/06 6:56 AM, in article
, "RajKohli"

"Boomer" wrote in message
How do I change the color of the fill in an existing text box? I have
added
several comments on a TIFF image and now want to make this change without
redoing everything. If it is possible, can it be done globally? Am using
Word
2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
RajKohli RajKohli is offline

I will remember this "In Line With Text" option. Thanks but may be this is
not concerned with Boomer.

"Boomer" wrote in message
How do I change the color of the fill in an existing text box? I have
added
several comments on a TIFF image and now want to make this change without
redoing everything. If it is possible, can it be done globally? Am using
Word
2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Phreddy Phreddy is offline

Thanks to all for the replies. Please don't hurt me. 'I had been doing a lot
all day and I was using Document Imaging. Not Word. Everything was very
informative. I learned a lot and will use this info on other documents that
I work with in Word.
Thank you again

"Boomer" wrote in message
How do I change the color of the fill in an existing text box? I
have
added
several comments on a TIFF image and now want to make this change
without
redoing everything. If it is possible, can it be done globally? Am
using
Word
2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

If he can't successfully shift-click to select multiple objects - as plainly
stated in the OP's second post - it is the most likely reason.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 11/19/06 10:21 PM, in article
, "RajKohli"

"Boomer" wrote in message
How do I change the color of the fill in an existing text box? I have
added
several comments on a TIFF image and now want to make this change without
redoing everything. If it is possible, can it be done globally? Am using
Word
2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Are 'Phreddy' & 'Boomer' one in the same?

Either way I see no indication of anyone looking to hurt either of you
You may not have had success with macropod's F4 suggestion because it must
be done immediately after an action - and only repeats that action. If you
had gone on to do something else F4 (which calls the EditRedoOrRepeat
command) would not pertain to the formatting action.

IOW, if you select an object & reformat it using the Format Object dialog
you can select the next one & press F4 to format it with all the same
effects (because all changes made in the dialog are applied as a single
action). However, if you use the toolbar to change several effects F4 will
only apply the last *one* of those to the newly selected object. By the same
token you can use F4 to just about any action.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

et...