Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pat S. Pat S. is offline

Default Emailed documents don't look right

Whenever I try to email a Word document with Outlook the email doesnt look
like the original. The text might be spaced out too much or overlapping.

Is there a way to send a document by email and have it retain all the
original appearances?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Are you sending the document as an email attachment or as an HTML email?

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Pat S." wrote in message
Whenever I try to email a Word document with Outlook the email doesnt look
like the original. The text might be spaced out too much or overlapping.

Is there a way to send a document by email and have it retain all the
original appearances?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The appearance will depend on the recipient's printer driver; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm

I can't believe that. Why on EARTH would a document's view depend on a
PRINTER driver? Who thought that one up? Is this another crazy example of MS
developers not communicating with each other? A PDF looks the same on any
machine, whether Windows, MAC or Linux. Why can't a Word document do the
same? (Obviously not on Linux. ;-) )

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Microsoft programs aren't the only ones that can changed depending on
printer drivers.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Gordon" wrote in message
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The appearance will depend on the recipient's printer driver; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm

I can't believe that. Why on EARTH would a document's view depend on a
PRINTER driver? Who thought that one up? Is this another crazy example of
MS developers not communicating with each other? A PDF looks the same on
any machine, whether Windows, MAC or Linux. Why can't a Word document do
the same? (Obviously not on Linux. ;-) )

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

As explained in the article, one of the original goals of Word for Windows
was to be as WYSIWYG as possible, especially in Print Preview. This is
possible only if the view represents what the user can expect to print on
the currently selected printer.

"Gordon" wrote in message
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The appearance will depend on the recipient's printer driver; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm

I can't believe that. Why on EARTH would a document's view depend on a
PRINTER driver? Who thought that one up? Is this another crazy example of

MS
developers not communicating with each other? A PDF looks the same on any
machine, whether Windows, MAC or Linux. Why can't a Word document do the
same? (Obviously not on Linux. ;-) )

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
As explained in the article, one of the original goals of Word for Windows
was to be as WYSIWYG as possible, especially in Print Preview. This is
possible only if the view represents what the user can expect to print on
the currently selected printer.

OK I accept that the print preview view should depend on the printer drivers
installed, but the normal view shouldn't....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Normal view is not especially WYSIWYG, but I suspect that when you say "the
normal view," you are referring to Print Layout view. Most users would
disagree since most are not accustomed to laying out pages in Print Preview;
if Print Layout view were not WYSIWYG, it would be impossible to lay out
complex pages with any confidence.

"Gordon" wrote in message
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
As explained in the article, one of the original goals of Word for

Windows
was to be as WYSIWYG as possible, especially in Print Preview. This is
possible only if the view represents what the user can expect to print

on
the currently selected printer.

OK I accept that the print preview view should depend on the printer

drivers
installed, but the normal view shouldn't....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
aalaan aalaan is offline

I would say: deal with it as a word document. Then save it normally, and
*attach* it to an email.

"Pat S." wrote in message
Whenever I try to email a Word document with Outlook the email doesnt look
like the original. The text might be spaced out too much or overlapping.

Is there a way to send a document by email and have it retain all the
original appearances?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Context:

On 11/18/06 3:58 AM, "Gordon" wrote:

A PDF looks the same on any
machine, whether Windows, MAC or Linux. Why can't a Word document do the
same? (Obviously not on Linux. ;-) )

PDF is a form of *graphic* image--that text has been frozen and is not
editable in the same way that the Word document is.

PDF stands for Portable Document Format, and was designed from the ground up
to be able to exchange electronic documents without them changing. Word was
designed to produce printed documents, and to be editable by many different
people.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Are you sending it as an email or as an attachment? If you send as an
attachment, you will be sending the actual Word document. If you send it in
the body of the email, the formatting depends on your choice of default mail
format.