Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Peyton Todd Peyton Todd is offline

Default Heading 4 Doesn't Know It's a Child of Heading 3

Hello. I'm writing a document with lots of headings, numbered in the style
1.1, 1.1.1, 1.1.1.1, etc. Down through level 3 my headings are all working
properly, but I have now reached the level of detail where I require a level
4. I modified the existing level 4 to have the right font and number
properties; however, when I place that section in its appropriate position,
it comes out simply as 1.1.1.1, and the next heading below that comes out as
1.1.1.2. But they are sub-headings to 9.3.3, so they should be numbered as
9.3.3.1 and 9.3.3.2. How to I tell them who their parent heading is?

Thanks for your help,
--
Peyton Todd