Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Bips Bips is offline

Default Expanding tables

We are using word 2003/ 2007 for creating templates with formfields. Some of
the templates have expanding tables. We use visual basic 6.0 to invoke word
and pass the formfields values from our application to populate these
formfields at runtime/ batch. The problem we are facing is that after several
runs the tables get corrupted and we get all sorts of weird errors as if the
object itself does not exist. We debugged through our Vb code and it seems
like it is failing when it is trying to save a local copy of the formfield
object. Below is the code, it fails in the set statement for the 10th
formfield in random documents.

llong_fields = guobj_doc.FormFields.Count
ReDim luobj_formfields(llong_fields) As FormField

' Loop thru all form fields in the document
For llong_field = 1 To llong_fields
Set luobj_formfields(llong_field) = guobj_doc.FormFields(llong_field)
If gbool_debug Then fpvt_debug "fpub_compose_corr:Looping through
the form fields " & Str(llong_field) & " Name:" &
CStr(guobj_doc.FormFields(llong_field).Name), True
Next

We have mail merge too in some templates and we don't face any problems with
them.

Thanks in advance.

Expanding text Jupe Tables 2 January 20th 09 03:41 PM
Expanding Cells kaalkire Tables 3 January 19th 09 04:53 PM
Expanding tables to roll to the next page dbs Tables 1 November 9th 07 04:50 PM
Expanding Headers [email protected] Tables 2 January 2nd 07 04:24 PM
Expanding Menus Ted K Microsoft Word Help 2 January 5th 06 02:25 PM