Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ralf Ralf is offline

Default inserting .dot templates and headers/footers

Hello,

I have question regarding insertion of .dot templates in empty word documents.

Background:

Our CRM software produces new, empty word documents (from normal.dot) when
you want to create a letter. We then use the insert file option to import a
..dot template that will show the exact layout of the letter as we want it.
The letter contains headers and footers on every page, and the template is
divided in different sections with different footers.

When i open the template from word, everything looks fine. When I insert the
..dot file as a template (through insert file), the footer for the first
page is changed to the same footer as the second page, even though these are
different in the original template. When i delete all the contents in the new
document, and insert the template again (through insert file) the footer
shows correctly.

So it seems that Word somehow doesn't have the proper settings in the
original document when it comes to inserting the template, however after
inserting it again (after first deleting the contents) it shows fine.

Is there any way I can handle this so that when I insert the template
initially the footer is fine?

Thanks in advance.

Ralf