Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Christi Christi is offline

Default Lost Word Document--URGENT

I'm using Windows Vista and Word 2007. I worked on a document all evening
saving it periodically, closed it and emailed it to myself as an attachment
through gmail webmail. But the document I received in my email did not
include any of the information that I added to it today. Also, the original
on my computer was the same version as on my email and did not include any of
the newly saved information. I went to the root directory of the C drive and
searched for it and all I found was the old one. I also looked in the
directory where the file was, but there weren't any temporary files. Please
help! Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

From where did the document originate? If it was an attachment to an email
message that you opened by double clicking on it, you may or may not be able
to recover the modified version as the changes are saved in your Temporary
Internet files folder. Note that you can't just open your Temporary Internet
Files folder directly and find it due to the way Windows handles your
Temporary Internet files but if it's still available, here's how you can get
it back:

1. Open another Word document sent to you as an attachment from an email.
If you don't have one, send an email with an attachment to yourself. (While
you should be able to open the same email attachement since another copy of
the file is created in your Temporary Internet Files folder, I don't like
taking a chance like that.)
2. Click the Office Button, point at Prepare, and then click Properties.
The Properties pane will display below the Ribbon.
3. On the far right of the Properties pane you'll see a file path and the
document name. Select only the file path and press Ctrl + C to copy it.
4. Press the WinKey + E to open the Windows Explorer. (Or use an
alternate method to open it)
5. Paste the copied file path in the Address bar and press Enter.

These steps should put you either in the same location as your revised file
or near it. You may need to dig around in other folders to locate it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.