Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roger T Roger T is offline

Default Linking sub-master documents to more than one master document

I'm producing a suite of documents for versions of a similar product (oil
fired boilers). Various sections of the documents are identical. My idea is
to produce all the different sections and use the Master Document facility to
pull out the required sections when I open a particular master document. I
suppose that my question is that can sub-documents be linked to more than one
master document? If this is possible it would make implementing changes to
certain sections across the whole suite of documents a lot easier.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I don't see why it shouldn't work. Note, however, that many people avoid
master documents because they tend to corrupt (see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/Wh...csCorrupt.htm). Instead, it will
be safer to make use of INCLUDETEXT fields; see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfm...ldscontent.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP