Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Madelyn Madelyn is offline

Default Printing only envelopes with Mail merge /no letters included

I am trying to do a mail merge & print envelopes but I keep getting what
appears to be letters included in the printing. Every 3rd one is an
envelope, how do I eliminate the letters & get just envelopes.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I assume that you have added the envelope to the mail merge main document
which was of the formletter type.

Probably best to set up a separate mail merge just for the envelopes, using
the same data source. In the first step of the mail merge process, select
Envelope as the type of merge that you want to perform.

You may however be able to print just the envelopes if you have executed
your present merge to a new document and you run the following macro to do
the printing

Dim i As Long
With ActiveDocument
For i = 1 To .Sections.Count Step 2
.PrintOut Background: = False, Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="s" &
i, _
To:="s" & i
Next i
End With

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Madelyn" wrote in message
I am trying to do a mail merge & print envelopes but I keep getting what
appears to be letters included in the printing. Every 3rd one is an
envelope, how do I eliminate the letters & get just envelopes.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Madelyn Madelyn is offline

I am new to Vista . I did set up a new envelope when I did the mail
merge,followed along with the edit , inserted the fields on the envelope
merged but when I review it still has a document in with the envelopes .
Spent 2 day on this & learnedalot but cann't get it to do what I need.
Thanks