Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
kaalkire kaalkire is offline

Default Expanding Cells

I have set up a table and when I type into the cell, the cell expands to
accommodate the text. Is there a way to fix the size of the cell so that
instead of the cell expanding, the text will go to the next cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Turn off auto resizing and set a preferred width for the column/cell. Auto
resizing can be disabled with the check box at Table | Table Properties |
Table | Options or by choosing Table | AutoFit | Fixed Column Width. The
column width can then be specified on the Column tab of Table Properties.

http://word.mvps.org

"kaalkire" wrote in message
I have set up a table and when I type into the cell, the cell expands to
accommodate the text. Is there a way to fix the size of the cell so that
instead of the cell expanding, the text will go to the next cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
kaalkire kaalkire is offline

How do I make it jump to the next cell. I don't want to have to hit tab or
move my cursor. Could i use form to do this?

"kaalkire" wrote in message
I have set up a table and when I type into the cell, the cell expands to
accommodate the text. Is there a way to fix the size of the cell so that
instead of the cell expanding, the text will go to the next cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Even if you use a protected form, you will still have to tab (or click)
between form fields.

http://word.mvps.org