61934

Default How do I add names to an existing mail merge address book created.

I recently created an address book in Microsoft Word for use in issuing
invitations. Today when I wanted to open it and add names a File Conversion
window was displayed asking me to select an encoding to open the document.
Nothing worked. When I saved this file originally the system would only let
me save it in My Documents/My e-books. I finally got the file opened by
going through the motions of preparing a mail-merge document. However I
could not add names to the list as it was opened. How do I get the name and
address, etc. form to come up again so I can add additional names to the same
list? I need help ASAP. Thanks
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?NjE5MzQ=?=,

I recently created an address book in Microsoft Word for use in issuing
invitations. Today when I wanted to open it and add names a File Conversion
window was displayed asking me to select an encoding to open the document.
Nothing worked. When I saved this file originally the system would only let
me save it in My Documents/My e-books. I finally got the file opened by
going through the motions of preparing a mail-merge document. However I
could not add names to the list as it was opened. How do I get the name and
address, etc. form to come up again so I can add additional names to the same
list?

Please tell us the version of Word you're using. Also, the exact menu commands
you used to create your "address book".

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org