Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] kurt.forrester.fec@googlemail.com is offline

Default Word 2007 Master/Subdocumnet Relative Reference

I want to use the master and subdocument feature to compile a report
and I need to use relative reference for the subdocuments to the
master document. I have search extensively online and the microsoft
webiste to no avail.

I would appreciate it if anybody could give me some instruction as to
how this can be achieved as the reference to the subdocuments is
currently the full file path.

Kind Regards,

Kurt
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I recommend that you read these two articles before taking the MasterDoc
route. They are notorious for corrupting and losing work unless used very,
very carefully. If you do use them, make sure to keep separate regular
backups of everything in case the worse happens. Read Steve Hudson's
excellent article on using MasterDocs properly.

http://www.techwr-l.com/articles/general/masterdocs
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/Wh...ocsCorrupt.htm
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/RecoverMasterDocs.htm

--