Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
acetoolguy acetoolguy is offline

Default flash drive

I'm trying to move a word and excel files from a desk top to a lap top with a
flash drive. They copy to the flash drive fine and when the drive is in the
lap top I can work with them. How do i move the files to the lap top so I can
work with them w/o the flash drive?
Thanks......
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Greg is offline

The process is very similiar to the reverse of what you did to copy the file
in the first place. Open Excel and Word on the laptop to determine where the
default file location is for Excel workbooks and Word documents
ToolsOptionsFile Locations. Then copy the files from the flash drive to
those folders.

"acetoolguy" wrote:

I'm trying to move a word and excel files from a desk top to a lap top with a
flash drive. They copy to the flash drive fine and when the drive is in the
lap top I can work with them. How do i move the files to the lap top so I can
work with them w/o the flash drive?
Thanks......

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
acetoolguy acetoolguy is offline

I thought it looked simple but....
When I open word or excel I dont see an "Tools" option. Where am I supposed
to be looking?

"acetoolguy" wrote:

thank you..

"acetoolguy" wrote:

I'm trying to move a word and excel files from a desk top to a lap top with a
flash drive. They copy to the flash drive fine and when the drive is in the
lap top I can work with them. How do i move the files to the lap top so I can
work with them w/o the flash drive?
Thanks......

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

It always helps to provide your Word version. Try the Office MenuWord
OptionsAdvancedGeneralFile Locations.

acetoolguy wrote:
I thought it looked simple but....
When I open word or excel I dont see an "Tools" option. Where am I
supposed to be looking?

"acetoolguy" wrote:

thank you..

--